I have had this press release from Kate at Romance Fiction On-line
Do you write romantic fiction? Then don't miss the Festival of Romance in Bedford in November. The UK's only literary festival for fans of romantic fiction also has lots to offer writers.
From expertly led creative writing workshops to the chance to pitch your novel to publishers, and even a Romantic Fiction Conference to catch up on all the latest news and industry debate.
The Festival is also involved with some fantastic competitions:
The closing date for the New Talent Award and Piatkus Win a Publishing Competition is 30 September.
Details of New Talent Award (for aspiring authors) - http://festivalofromance.co.uk/#/new-talent/4566583941
Details of Piatkus Competition (open to all authors) - http://festivalofromance.co.uk/#/piatkus/4565853270
And here's a little taster of the events for writers over the Festival weekend:
Friday 16 November:
- Announcements of the New Talent Award, Reader and Industry Awards at the Festival of Romance Awards and Ball, 7.30pm until late
Saturday 17 November:
- Writing Category (Short) Romances Workshop with Sally Quilford, 9.30am to 11.45am
- Writing Fiction for Magazines with Helen Hunt, 11.45am to 2pm
- Writing Romantic Novels with Sue Moorcroft, 2.15pm to 4.30pm
Sunday 18 November:
- Pitch Your Novel to a panel of publishers, 10am to 11.30am
- Romance Fiction Conference: "After 50 Shades, Where Next?", 11.30am to 3pm
For more details: http://festivalofromance.co.uk/#/writers/4567971477
To book your tickets: http://festivalofromance.co.uk/