Thursday, 17 April 2014

Guest Review : The Day You Saved My Life by Louise Candlish

Today I have a guest reviewer, the lovely Hannah. Thank you, Hannah.

  • Publisher: Sphere (19 July 2012)
  • ISBN-13: 978-0751543551
A child falls into the river.
A stranger jumps in to rescue him.
And four lives are changed for ever . . .
On a perfect summer's day in Paris, tourists on the river watch in shock as a small boy falls into the Seine and disappears below the surface. As his mother stands frozen, a stranger takes a breath and leaps . . .


Hannah's review:

I hadn't read any of Louise Candlish books before this one, I really enjoyed this book as it was an easy read and easy to make sense of. I liked the way the book was written as it jumps from the future to the past so you can understand the family history. Joanna has a daughter called Holly who is suffering from Post Natal depression after having her son Mikey. Joanna decides to take them both away to Paris and events take a dramatic turn. Their paths cross with James and Alexa, no ones life will ever be the same again.
This book was definitely a page turner, it's true what it says on the front cover. I couldn't put it down wondering what was going to happen next, the trip into Joanna`s past kept me intrigued. I also thought Mikey was a little sweetie. I certainly wasn't expecting the twist at the end. It made me wonder why haven't I ever read a Louise Candlish book before. I will definitely be recommending this book.

Review copy
About the reviewer 


Hi, my name is Hannah and I'm 26 years old. I've just started out in the world of blogging I honestly don't know why I haven't done it before, I love reading and writing reviews makes me share my passion with other avid readers. I love reading chick lit books but occasionally I'm swayed to read a thriller or an author I've never read before. I'm currently on WordPress but going to join blogger soon. I love getting stuck in to a good book, cup of tea and I'm happy :).

Hannah can be found blogging at echoesinanemptyroom.WordPress.com

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a sweet book :) I love the fact that it's also set in Paris. Anything set in Paris is charming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jillian you should also check out The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris by Jenny Colgan, it has the most delicious chocolate recipes in it too!

      Delete
  2. Sounds good though I'm not too sure about the fact that it jumps around between the future and the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, I used to be like that. I didnt like stories that jumped between time frames but these are growing on me :)

    carol

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I do love to read your thoughts.